Date:      Mon, 06 May 2002 14:22:03 -0700
From:      Peter Wemm <peter@wemm.org>
To:        Terry Lambert <tlambert2@mindspring.com>
Cc:        Arun Sharma <arun-public@sharma-home.net>, freebsd-smp@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: hlt when idle?

Terry Lambert wrote:
> Arun Sharma wrote:
> > On Wed, May 01, 2002 at 10:15:14AM -0700, Terry Lambert wrote:
> >
> > Terry,
> >
> > > In theory, you want to run in "virtual wire mode", which means
> > > that the CPUs get the interrupt, and then contend in order to
> > > see who services it.
> >
> > I think you're confused between "virtual wire mode" and the
> > "Symmetric I/O mode" for quite some time (going by your previous
> > messages on the topic).
> >
> > Virtual wire mode is for DOS compatibility. Symmetric I/O mode is what
> > most MP operating systems use.
>
> Yes, I already made this (embarrassing!) determination on my own;
> see my other posting.
>
> By way of further elaboration...

[what seems like 20 pages of crap]

Terry, we have enough email from you already.  I realize that you dont seem
to have anything else to do but post to the lists, but please try to keep
it remotely relevant.  "aphasic dyslexia" and your school history are
not SMP relevant by any stretch of imagination.

A simple "yes, I already realized the error" would have been more than
enough.  Any more than that and you are wasting our time and contributing
to email overload.

Cheers,
-Peter