Date:      Mon, 9 Jun 1997 14:52:48 -0700 (PDT)
From:      "Brian N. Handy" <handy@sag.space.lockheed.com>
To:        ports@freebsd.org
Subject:   ports/doc question

Hi again,

I'm trying to keep up with the gv-upgrade-of-the-week, and a new feature
to that distribution is a "make install.doc" target.  Judging from the
makefile, this stuffs a bunch of html files into /usr/local/doc/gv.

Questions:

 (1) I think this should probably become $(DOCDIR)/gv.  Is that right?
     I'm almost thinking $(LIBDIR)/gv/doc, but not sure if that's
     politically correct either.  It's not info files, so $(INFODIR)
     also doesn't seem right...

 (2) This is an optional target.  How do other ports deal with this
     possibility?  I'm wondering how the PLIST is supposed to work out, if
     I want to install the documentation.  The package certainly works
     fine without this stuff.  Should I ignore it?

Thanks,

Brian