Date:      Wed, 30 Jan 2002 12:37:18 -0800 (PST)
From:      Julian Elischer <julian@elischer.org>
To:        ome ome <olivmet@yahoo.com>
Cc:        freebsd-net@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: your mail

On Wed, 30 Jan 2002, ome ome wrote:

> Sorry to bore you again,
> But I'm so good in C than in english.
>
> I don't understand how to connect a ppp node to pppd?
> Shall I do something particular or is it done
> automatically?
>
> Could you, please, send me some examples?
>
> Thanks
>
> Olivier

there are 4 DIFFERENT ppps in the freebsd system
netgraph ppp modules  --used by mpd
kernel async ppp --used by pppd
kernel sync ppp (sppp) used by isdn and other sync stuff.
USERLAND ppp (/usr/sbin/ppp) -- does it all outside the kernel.

they do not attach to each other.
they are duplicated code.
The netgraph one might be used to replace all the others if we had the
time to do so.

If you have a question  please give more information.
(p.s. what language do you speak? maybe we have a
developer that speaks that language that can help yuo better)