Date:      Thu, 12 Sep 1996 18:35:15 -0400
From:      Howard Goldstein <hgoldste@bbs.mpcs.com>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: ampr.org

 : >I am currently registered under ampr.org - I am ke6mgb.ampr.org. I was
 : >wondering how I can have it, so when someone connects to ke6mgb.ampr.org, it
 : >will automatically route them to another ip or www page?
 : >Thank You,
 : >Rod
 : >KE6MGB - HAM RADIO OPERATOR - IP: 44.16.1.219 <--> KE6MGB.AMPR.ORG

You can't:

news1:/usr/home/hgoldste# host ke6mgb.ampr.org
ke6mgb.ampr.org has address 44.16.1.219

This class A block terminates at ucsd.  I'm not sure if Brian wants to
handle forwarding for 44 series addresses to a non-amateur internet
address.

Your best option would be to modify your RR to point to an IP address
reachable on landline internet.  If you do this you lose the benefit
of having your 44 series address correctly resolved by on-air stations
using  ampr.org domain info..

You're in a no-win situation.  As am I.

--
Howard Goldstein   <hgoldste@bbs.mpcs.com>