Date:      Sun, 26 Jan 1997 16:07:14 -0800
From:      "Jordan K. Hubbard" <jkh@time.cdrom.com>
To:        Eivind Eklund <eivind@dimaga.com>
Cc:        current@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: 3.0-970124-SNAP

> (1) sysinstall locked up on attempting to install packages on initial
> install.  It downloaded the index, I got to select what packages I wanted,
> and on committing the changes I just got a dialog box with "fetching
> index", and the debug screen printed out the names of all packes as
> "failed", and a message about closing the FTP connection.  No way to get
> further.

OK, this has been reported by others.  I don't have a copy of the
-current packages on my home box right now so this has been sort of
going untested (yeeks) during these SNAPs and Murphy has a special
place for untested features. :-)

I'll find and fix whatever I did to the poor package installer with
my media code hacking.

> (3) When running /stand/sysinstall from the command line I got a dialog-box
> saying "error mounting /dev/wcd0c on /dist" - right after startup.
> Everything worked after cancelling the dialog, though.

Hmmm, interesting.  Is your CDROM already mounted or not when you
do this?

> (4) Setting character set/console font from the "Post install
> configuration" menu did not change /etc/sysconfig

This has always been a bit hosed on the revisit.  I'll try and fix it
soon.

> (5) The XFree package was not available.

Really?  What media type?  It's certainly on ftp.cdrom.com

				Jordan