Date:      Mon, 4 Jun 2001 07:06:08 -0400 (EDT)
From:      Thomas David Rivers <rivers@dignus.com>
To:        dougb@FreeBSD.ORG, freebsd-bugs@FreeBSD.ORG, lyndon@MessagingDirect.COM
Subject:   Re: gnu/27715: UUCP doesn't recognize traditional BSD config files

Just F.Y.I...  this very point was discussed "to death" in the
1.3 time frame I believe.

If I recall correctly, the decision was that - although Taylor UUCP
can be configured to accept it's own style of config files, or HDB UUCP
config files, or BSD config files - by default we were going to
leave it with the Taylor UUCP files.

The user can rebuild Taylor UUCP if he desires.

This is from memory - I'm not sure if the PR database was even
up at the time... but, a look through their might be useful.

	- Dave Rivers -

--
rivers@dignus.com                        Work: (919) 676-0847
Get your mainframe programming tools at http://www.dignus.com