Date:      Mon, 2 Aug 2010 01:10:19 +0530
From:      Gurpreet Singh <gurpreet007@gmail.com>
To:        =?ISO-8859-1?Q?Michael_Gr=FCnewald?= <michael.grunewald@laposte.net>
Cc:        Lowell Gilbert <freebsd-questions-local@be-well.ilk.org>, freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: sudo -K/-k ineffective

I don't see anything suspicious in the timestamp directory:

foo% sudo ls -l /var/run/sudo/
total 12
drwx------  2 root  wheel  512 Aug  2 01:06 gurpreet
drwx------  2 root  wheel  512 Aug  2 00:37 other
drwx------  2 root  wheel  512 Aug  2 00:37 third

foo% sudo ls -l /var/run/sudo/gurpreet
total 8
-rw-------  1 root  wheel  20 Aug  2 01:07 0
-rw-------  1 root  wheel  20 Aug  2 00:59 1

also, the FS containing this directory (/ itself) is mounted without
noatime.

foo% mount
/dev/ad0s1a on / (ufs, local)
devfs on /dev (devfs, local, multilabel)

2010/8/2 Michael Gr=FCnewald <michael.grunewald@laposte.net>

> Hi,
>
> Lowell Gilbert wrote:
>
>> me<gurpreet007@gmail.com>  writes:
>>
>>> Upon doing sudo<some-command>  as a normal user (non-root), sudo asks f=
or

>>> password only once, subsequent invocations of sudo doesn't ask for
>>> password
>>> - even though I do sudo -k or sudo -K in between.
>>> Although sudo starts asking for password after the time stamp expiry.
>>>
>> [...]
>>
>> I don't think sudo even knows about pam(3), so I'm not sure what could
>> be happening here...
>>

> Maybe there is something funny with sudo's timestamp directory?  If it is
> mounted with option `noatime' it may have consequences similar to what yo=
> discribe.
>
> Michael

--=20
Life is not fair. Get used to it. .... Be nice to nerds. Chances are you'll
end up working for one.