Date:      Mon, 23 Dec 2002 20:36:35 -0800
From:      "Derrick Ryalls" <ryallsd@datasphereweb.com>
To:        <freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   RE: L0phtcrack

Unless your friend encrypted his data, he shouldn't need a password
cracker.  By encrypt, I mean the XP built in encrypt per user method
under advanced properties.  In that case, then only the password will
save the data.  If the data is just sitting there on the NTFS drive,
recovery can be "easy":

Method 1: Pull drive out of machine, put in a working xp box as slave.
Extra drive contents should be readable as normal.

Method 2: Reinstall the O/S without formatting.  This repaints the O/S
and gives you a chance to assign admin password.  All user data should
be safe.*

*I claim no responsibility for data, especially if you accidentally
repartition the box.

Good luck.

-Derrick