Date:      Wed, 6 Mar 2002 00:34:25 -0500
From:      Garance A Drosihn <drosih@rpi.edu>
To:        Barney Wolff <barney@databus.com>, Bob Van Valzah <Bob@Talarian.Com>
Cc:        SMP@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: -CURRENT and -STABLE Cross Booting?

>On Tue, Mar 05, 2002 at 01:38:57PM -0600, Bob Van Valzah wrote:
>>
>  > But I'm not aware of any way to script input to boot0. Hence
>  > booting one branch or the other currently requires a console
>  > key press and so can't be automated.

I missed the beginning of this thread, but boot2 (I think it
is) can read a file of commands from /boot/somewhere, and you
COULD write a script to put commands in that file.  Seems to
me that you might be able to get what you wanted from that.

I know that at one time I had mixed up some partitions on an
install of mine, and I used to "boot up" my -stable partition,
but I had that load in my -current system via this loader
config file in my -stable system.

Sorry this is so vague, but I only played with that loader
config file the one time, and that was nearly a year ago.