Date:      Thu, 22 May 1997 11:26:46 +0500 (GET)
From:      Valentine Gogichashvili <valgog@viam-server.viam.hepi.edu.ge>
To:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   problems with my DNS server on FreeBSD 2.2.1-stable

Hi!

I had a PC running FreeBSD 2.1.3 as a gateway to the Internet for our
Institutes LAN and as a mail server. I have a subnet from my ISP and
secondary DNS server configured at their Server. I was running ``named'',
had my own domain (viam.hepi.edu.ge) and everything was Ok. But...

I got new faster PC and wanted to change my Server. So I installed newer
version of FreeBSD on it (2.2.1-stable). I thaught everything was grate
and I liked 2.2.1 much, but only while I was probing it as separate host
in my LAN. So yesterday I have configured my new machine (took
configuration files from running server and merged to my new one).
Everything seemed all right and all the services was running grate (so I
though), but...

>From the side of my ISP my LAN disappeared. All the host-names from my
domain are unknown for ISP's Server. And it is not possible to send mail
to my mail-server from my ISP or to resolv any host-names from my Domain
by theis names. All mail delivers back saying that my server doesn't know
where to send this mail (my servers name is viam-server, so is my DNS
server name). Today I have found out that mail from hotmail.com delivers
to my new Server with no problems so are the massages from this mail-list.

I don't know what to do with it and I am afraid if there will be other
hosts (like my ISP's hosts) that will not be able to reach my Domain.

Please help me with some suggestions or share your experience if any have
in this situation.

Sorry for my ruined English and thanks beforehand.

Valentine Gogichashvili

	Student of Tbilisi State University department of Physical
	Informatics and Physical Process Modeling, Soros Student, Part time
	assistant at the department of Mathematical Modeling and Optimal
	Management Systems of Tbilisi Vekua Institute of Applied Mathematics.