Date:      Tue, 24 Dec 1996 08:16:45 -0600
From:      "Greg Rowe" <greg@uswest.net>
To:        hackers@freebsd.org
Subject:   Exabyte 8505XL

 Can anyone tell me what the default density is for an Exabyte 8505XL tape
drive
on 2.1.5 ? I seem to be only getting around 7-8 gig on a tape using Amanda. I'm
not sure if this is because I'm comressing the dumps prior to writing to tape
and hardware compression can't do much more, or I'm writing to the tape at
standard 8505 density. I noticed density codes have been added to the SCSI code
at 2.2 for Exabytes. Do I need to upgrade my dump systems to take advantage of
the Exabyte hardware compression ? Thanks.

Greg