Date:      Fri, 21 May 2004 13:38:40 +0100
From:      Matthew Seaman <m.seaman@infracaninophile.co.uk>
To:        "Nurul Faizal Bin M.Shukeri" <nfaizal@usm.my>
Cc:        ports@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Help about port

--cpvLTH7QU4gwfq3S

On Thu, May 20, 2004 at 08:27:43PM -0700, Nurul Faizal Bin M.Shukeri wrote:

> Could u plz help me.. Can u explain how to upgrade my ports, coz sometimes
> default ports ask for old file, but it doesn't exist in any server. Plz h=
elp
> me. I'm try to configure php with PDFlib, but it request the 5.0.2, but o=
nly
> 5.0.3 exist on servers. TQ

The Handbook is your friend:

    http://www.freebsd.org/doc/en_US.ISO8859-1/books/handbook/cvsup.html
    http://www.freebsd.org/doc/en_US.ISO8859-1/books/handbook/ports-using.h=
tml

Once you've got the ports directory tree updated, install the
sysutils/portupgrade port, build a new index (cd /usr/ports and type
'make index': it will take some time to finish) and run

    # portupgrade -Nia

This should update all of your installed ports in the correct
dependencies first order.  You may need several iterations at doing
that if your installed ports are in a real mess.

	Cheers,

	Matthew

--=20
                                                      Savill Way