Date:      Mon, 9 Apr 2001 23:13:37 -0500 (CDT)
From:      David Scheidt <dscheidt@tumbolia.com>
To:        Larry Librettez <lipshitz909@yahoo.com>
Cc:        David Kelly <dkelly@hiwaay.net>, Gunther Schadow <gunther@aurora.regenstrief.org>, freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Who's got the cheapest 100-BT Ethernet NIC?

On Mon, 9 Apr 2001, Larry Librettez wrote:

:And I am getting 3.5 MB NFS transfers with rl, so what
:did you say the problem was?

That with an Intel card, I can get roughly twice that.  That's important if
you're doing something like compiling over a network, or you want to run a
fast fileserver for other reasons.  The RealTek cards also use much more
CPU.  Put four of them in a box, and watch it do nothing but service them.

And please trim quotes, and put responses on the bottom.  It's much easier
to read.

--
dscheidt@tumbolia.com
Bipedalism is only a fad.