Date:      Mon, 02 Apr 2001 21:35:18 EDT
From:      MicroDan5@aol.com
To:        <questions@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Help Booting machine

Hello All
I recently have acquired a freeBSD machine. The file BSD* was moved from one of
the directories and placed in a backup directory. Why? Who knows, but it is
now my problem. Now the machine will not boot. When it boots up I recieve a
boot prompt, like it is tring to boot search for a file to boot from.
I have a boot floppy for BSD, but when I use it to boot, I can not see my hard drive. Further more the image does not have an fstab file or access
to the Floppy drive. Does anyone know of a way that I can boot this machine
with some utility and get it to see the hard drives. I just want to copy the
file back and go on with my life.
Or else can I create this fstab file manually. If so what utility can I use
create it. This image that I have does not have Vi or pico. This is a real tuff one.

I am hoping there is another way to make a boot floppy so I can boot this
machine up and then recopy the file back. I know exactly where it is. I also
have another FreeBsd machine that is identical. If I could gain access to the
floppy drive may I could copy this file to the ramdrive.

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated

Dan