Date:      Tue, 28 Mar 1995 06:37:10 -0700 (MST)
From:      Jeremy Chatfield <jdc@crab.xinside.com>
To:        hasty@star-gate.com (Amancio Hasty)
Cc:        hackers@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Re: OpenGL for FreeBSD

Amancio Hasty writes:

> Hi,
>
> There has been for quite a while a thread on "OpenGl for Linux
> Do you Want it?" on comp.windows.x.i386unix
>
> Well, if anyone is interested on OpenGL now is good time to pester
> the vendor since he explicitly requested potential users :)
>
> What is good about getting into the OpenGL arena is that there
> are a few 3D graphic boards in the near horizon and it will be
> nice if someone supports them thru a standard API such OpenGL.
>
> Yes, I know about Mensa...

Accelerated-X 1.2 will have support for a software Accelerated PEX
5.1 in a few weeks.  This has the advantage of $0 royalty, so we can
ship at a reasonable price... We'll be following up later this year
with PEX 5.2 and hardware acceleration (we already have contracts
with some of the 3D chip vendors, or their board makers).

We also intend to make GLX (the OpenGL X Server extension) either
late this year or early next year.  There is a royalty and a
licensing fee associated with OpenGL, so this will be more expensive
than PEX.  Yes, we know about Mensa, too :-)

Cheers, JeremyC.
--
Jeremy Chatfield, +1(303)470-5302, FAX:+1(303)470-5513, email:jdc@xinside.com
        X Inside Inc, P O Box 10774, Golden, CO 80401-0610, USA.