Date:      Tue, 23 Dec 1997 16:52:02 +0000 (GMT)
From:      Stephen Roome <steve@visint.co.uk>
To:        questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Reading raw data from a cd drive

Is there any ongoing work to have more support for reading cd's raw, I
know that my ATAPI drive here supports this, but that the wcd driver fails
to tell me about it.

I'm beginning to believe that most ATAPI drives actually support reading
the raw data from the cd, even if they don't tell the driver that they do.

Any help would be greatly appreciated as I'm sick of carrying 20 cd's into
work every week when I could just store them all as mpegs!

	Steve.

Steve Roome - Vision Interactive Ltd.
Tel:+44(0)117 9730597 Home:+44(0)976 241342
WWW: http://dylan.visint.co.uk/