Date:      Sat, 26 Oct 1996 22:03:42 -0700 (PDT)
From:      Veggy Vinny <richardc@CSUA.Berkeley.EDU>
To:        Chuck Robey <chuckr@glue.umd.edu>
Cc:        "Marc G. Fournier" <scrappy@ki.net>, current@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Re: -current failed

On Sun, 27 Oct 1996, Chuck Robey wrote:

> > 	I tried the make -k cleandir depend all install and it worked fine
> > but the second make did the following:
>
> Geeze.  When you did the make cleandir, you wiped out your
> /usr/obj/usr/src/gnu/usr.bin/cc directories.  when you did everything
> alfter that, you scattered obj files in your source directories (you
> should have done a make obj first!)  Your archive is messed up now.

	Oh well, I was only following what Marc told me to do since I
could resup the entire src tree after deleting the old one but that
wouldn't work as it will take too long at 28.8kbps...

> If you have cvs, cd /usr/src/gnu/usr.bin, then rm -rf cc.  After that
> completes, cvs co cc (is that a module?  I think so...), then cd into cc,
> do the make obj to make object directories for it, THEN do the make depend
> all install.  Don't complain about bugs in cc right now, there aren't any
> (I just reverfied that).  If it doesn't work for you, then your sources
> are messed up.  I don't know sup or cvsup, if you use those someone else
> will have to help you (I use ctm on the cvs archive).

	Hmmm, it probably is the sources, wonder why sup sometimes fail on
28.8k sources when it did receive okay while it's always fine on a t1.

Vince
GaiaNet Corporation - Unix Networking Operations