Date:      Sun, 17 Feb 2002 14:25:20 -0800
From:      Michael Smith <msmith@freebsd.org>
To:        Poul-Henning Kamp <phk@critter.freebsd.dk>
Cc:        Matthew Dillon <dillon@apollo.backplane.com>, Bruce Evans <bde@zeta.org.au>, freebsd-current@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: 'microuptime() went backwards ...' using ACPI timer. Shouldn't that be impossible?

> If this patch cures the PIIX problem, something I'm not at all convinced
> about, it should go in, if not only the comment should go in.

I would like to see "the PIIX problem" caught on camera, personally.
We're aware of one errata for it already, and we work around it.  If
there's another problem, or ideally if someone has some relatively quick
code to test it, that would be much better.

--
To announce that there must be no criticism of the president,
or that we are to stand by the president, right or wrong, is not