Date:      Wed, 26 Jul 2000 15:15:02 -0400
From:      Brian McGovern <bmcgover@cisco.com>
To:        Robert Watson <rwatson@FreeBSD.ORG>
Cc:        freebsd-qa@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: RC 3 issues...

Really. So its a DNS issue that won't let people reach me. Hmm... I
expect its really a routing issue that won't let you at the DNS servers :\. I
think its time to change ISP's again.

Anyhow, the problem has to do with the screen system for sysinstall. Although
I'm not familiar with it, it amounts to this: When a child entity (window,
screen, etc.) terminates, the parent doesn't fully redraw. This had been
fixed on a number of screens in the 4.x debug cycle. However, this one has
been untouched as yet.

I'd love to get in to it myself. Unfortunately, I'm less than a week and
a half from adopting 3 children, I lost my office to two of the kids,
construction of the new office is at least 6 weeks behind right now, and I
have a 4.x device driver that needs finishing for Cyclades, and a vgetty
call control program that needs the dynamic loader finished so people can
start working on extensions (and no space to do the work in).

Since Jordan set the 'hard date' on the release for 7/25, I was planning on
letting it slide for this release (as its non-critical). However, I expect at
this point that if I lift a finger to fix it, I'll get the -annouce mail
that 4.1 has shipped about 30 seconds after I send the patches in :)

	-Brian