Date:      Wed, 26 Feb 1997 20:03:09 -0500 (EST)
From:      Keith Mitchell <kmitch@weenix.guru.org>
To:        questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   forwarding broadcast packets between interfaces

Is there any way to forward broadcast packets between interfaces??

I would like to be able to browse the windows machines on the other side
of the gateway with a windows machine behind the gateway.  The problem is
the windows machine doesn't get the broadcasts so it doesn't know they are
there.  Otherwise, it can connect to them fine.  It is using Netbios over
TCPIP (NetBT).

Also, it would be nice if I could echo the rwho packets to the local subnet
as well.

I would like to do this on a per-service basis though.  ie I don't want to
forward ALL of the broadcast messages just ones on certain ports.

Is this possible??

Thanks.