Date:      Tue, 21 Apr 1998 12:14:22 -0500 (CDT)
From:      Trenton Schulz <twschulz@gloria.cord.edu>
To:        questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Problems with termcap

Hi,

I recently  was given an old ADDS Viewpoint 3A+ terminal.
I thought that I'd try to get it running with my -current system.  I
followed the instructions in the handbook and successfully hooked it up
and had a semi-working terminal, the only problem was I couldn't run vi or
lynx or anything that needed a specific terminal type.  I then found on
the Internet a termcap setting for the terminal.  I added it to the
termcap file and changed ttys for the new type (plus), but my after you
log in on
the terminal tcsh complains that plus is an unknown type and reverts back
to a dumb terminal.  Is there something I have to do with termcap other
than just add the entry?  Or is termcap broken, or my terminal or
something?

here's the termcap entry I added
p0|plus|Adds Viewpoint 3a+:\
        :am:bw:bs:pt:co#80:li#24:\
        :cd=80\EY:ce=\ET:cl=80\E*:cm=\E=%+ %+ :\
        :up=^K:ho=^^:kb=\b:nd=\f:so=\E0Q\E):se=\E(:\
        :kd=^J:kh=^^:kl=\b:kr=^L:ku=^K:

Thanks

Trenton Schulz
twschulz@cord.edu