Date:      Thu, 20 Jun 1996 17:10:29 +0600
From:      "Conrad Sabatier" <conrads@neosoft.com>
To:        questions@freebsd.org
Cc:        support@freebsd.org
Subject:   trn/inews posting problem

I just recently purchased the Walnut Creek CD-ROM, built the trn 3.6
port, and am trying to figure out how to get it to post to my ISP's
news server.  I tried to tell the configure script for the trn build
to use inews, but it complained it couldn't find it, so I went ahead
and installed cnews from the packages collection.  Maybe this was a
mistake?

inews will only accept articles locally for groups in its active
file.  Not what I want to do!

What is the recommended way to enable trn to post articles directly
to a remote server?  If cnews is one of the normal solutions, what is
the key to getting it to work purely as a "pass-through" mechanism.

I don't want to run my own news server!  :-)

Thanks very much for any advice.
--
Conrad Sabatier -- http://www.neosoft.com/~conrads/