Date:      Thu, 04 Oct 2001 15:07:21 -0400
From:      "Brandon S. Allbery KF8NH" <allbery@ece.cmu.edu>
To:        Danny Braniss <danny@cs.huji.ac.il>, Tim Kellers <timothyk@serv1.wallnet.com>
Cc:        freebsd-stable@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: AFS for FreeBSD?

On Thursday, October 04, 2001 21:04:51 +0200, Danny Braniss
<danny@cs.huji.ac.il> wrote:
+-----
| > NIS is beginning (continuing) to make my life miserable and I'd like to
| > find out if AFS (or it's clone) is more agreeable.
|
| sorry, but what's the connection between Nis and AFS?
+--->8

I assume it was a typo/thinko for NFS....  While AFS's Kerberos
infrastructure supports distributed passwords, you really need something
like Hesiod or LDAP to complement it (and you really, really want to run
something other than AFS's kaserver to get Kerberos...).

--
brandon s. allbery  [os/2][linux][solaris][freebsd]   allbery@kf8nh.apk.net
system administrator   [JAPH][WAY too many hats]        allbery@ece.cmu.edu