Date:      Fri, 8 Aug 1997 15:15:51 -0700 (PDT)
From:      Steve Kehlet <kehlet@dt.wdc.com>
To:        hackers@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   3c90x vx0 driver

I've been trying to get 10MB full-duplex to work on my 3com 3c905
ethernet card, but have been getting sluggish response and lots of
errors at the switch.  At half-duplex I have no problems.  It's
irritating because it seems to work fine under NT ;-).  I'm running
2.2.1; I'd like to know if a later release might work better.
Searching the mailing list archives is interesting (but mostly out
of date) and gives me no clear answer.  Does anyone know?

vx0 <3COM 3C905 Fast Etherlink XL PCI> rev 0 int a irq 10 on pci0:11
mii[*mii*] address 00:60:97:c2:7f:b0

daemon:/home/kehlet-> uname -a
FreeBSD daemon 2.2-STABLE FreeBSD 2.2-STABLE #0: Tue Jun 10 11:25:52 PDT 1997     kehlet@daemon:/usr/src/sys/compile/DAEMON  i386

In case it helps, I used the DOS util to set the card to "Max
network perf", "full duplex", and "10 MB".  Also, I don't have the
choice to use any other ethernet card since this is my computer at
work.

Thanks very much,

Steve Kehlet