Date:      Wed, 25 Oct 2000 13:10:52 -0700
From:      "David O'Brien" <obrien@NUXI.com>
To:        "Robert S. Sciuk" <rob@ControlQ.com>
Cc:        sparc@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Anyone out there ?

On Wed, Oct 25, 2000 at 03:57:01PM -0400, Robert S. Sciuk wrote:
> I think we forget our roots.  Older 32 Bit workstations are being given
> away, and this is where BSD grew up and belongs.

BSD belongs on old crappy 32-bit hardware??
Personally my BSD roots were on DEC machines.

> Porting to ultrasparc makes less sense than legacy SPARC and HPPA for that
> matter, since we can get our hands on those boxes for 0$ frequently.

FreeBSD specializes in the server market.  I really don't think one is
going to run a high-thruput server on an IPX.

--
-- David    (obrien@NUXI.com)

T.B. PLEASE PEOPLE learn to use your mail client and NOT CC: this list
_twice_ in your replies.