Date:      Tue, 6 Oct 1998 12:17:42 -0400
From:      "David E. Cross" <crossd@null.cs.rpi.edu>
To:        Matthew Thyer <thyerm@camtech.net.au>
Cc:        "David E. Cross" <crossd@void.cs.rpi.edu>, "Alok K. Dhir" <adhir@worldbank.org>, Nate Williams <nate@mt.sri.com>, current@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: netscape 4.07 (was: Re: something is leaking)

On Wed, 7 Oct 1998, Matthew Thyer wrote:

> Sorry David,
>
> The development directory on that FTP server doesn't exist anymore.
>
> You may have to connect directly to avoid old info from your ISP's
> proxy to see this.

There are no proxies between me and them.  I would find it surprising that
since that dirtectory structure was just created Oct 5 that they would be
deleting it.  I find it more likely that it has not been mirrored to the
other servers yet.

I have also verified its existence on more than just one of netscape's ftp
servers.  Information obtained via 'nslookup ftp.netscape.com' will give
you a list of their FTP servers (maybe not complete, but certainly those
would be the authoratative ones).  I logged into most of them, and over
half did have the directory.  Ones that I can verify do are: 207.200.74.25
207.200.74.26 and 209.143.199.10

Also, look at the timestamp on the files, 'Oct 05 20:37', CDT, I think it
is quite obvious that the other sites have yet to mirror the data.

--
David Cross