Date:      Wed, 5 Feb 2003 10:50:20 -0800 (PST)
From:      Jamie Bowden <ragnar@sysabend.org>
To:        Terry Lambert <tlambert2@mindspring.com>
Cc:        "Pedro F. Giffuni" <giffunip@yahoo.com>, <freebsd-chat@FreeBSD.org>
Subject:   Re: Project status

On Wed, 5 Feb 2003, Terry Lambert wrote:

> Jamie Bowden wrote:
> > I hate to disagree, but Irix is SysV, with some BSD compatability bits
> > retained.
>
> FWIW: Over 40% of the code in SVR4.02 is BSD-derived.  One of the
> reasons USL settled the USL/UCB and USL/BSDI lawsuits is that UCB
> countersued for USL removing the UCB copyrights from files.  Perhaps
> SGI never put them back?

Read it again Terry, the top Copyright notice is AT&T only, but the one
below it has the UCB reference in it.  The top notice is from inittab (and
can be found in all the rc.N/{S|K}NNservice scripts that are derived from
original AT&T scripts (and lack Berkeley notice since BSD's init and
associated scripts are totally different than SysV, and are not derived).
The bottom notice can be found in just about every .h in the /usr/include/
and /usr/include/*/ directories.

Jamie Bowden

--
"It was half way to Rivendell when the drugs began to take hold"
Hunter S Tolkien "Fear and Loathing in Barad Dur"