Date:      Wed, 28 Jan 2004 02:31:01 GMT
From:      tschus@juno.com
To:        freebsd-cvsweb@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   newbie question for cvsweb install on linux

Hello

Downloaded and working on installing cvsweb 2.0.6
o/s = bsd 5.2
perl =  This is perl, v5.6.1 built for i386-freebsd
apache= 2.x

There is a file cvsweb.conf-freebsd that I cannot figure out what it
for and what to do with it. the install directions do not mention it.

Also the install directions state to

Copy cvsweb.cgi to the cgi script location of your web server.

Did that cp cvsweb.cgi /home/apache/conf

   Edit it to make the variable $config (look for 'Configuration Area')
   point to your configuration file.

I see

for ("$mydir/cvsweb.conf", ...

What would be the proper example for this line if I did a default install of apache 2.x at /home/apache.

My main problem right now is that I get an error when trying to run
the cvsweb.cgi script
http://localhost/cgi-bin/cvsweb.cgi

Premature end of script headers: cvsweb.cgi

If I try to run it manually with perl it bails since -wT does not seem to work anymore in the newer versions of perl

Too late for "-T" option at cvsweb.cgi line 1.

I took out the T
to make it #!/usr/bin/perl -w and it produced some output from the command line.  But still I get the nasty 500 error when trying to execute it from the web browser.

Any suggestions to point me in the right directions?

Thanks

Pat

Surf the web up to FIVE TIMES FASTER!