Date:      Thu, 8 Sep 2011 23:05:29 +0200
From:      Willem Jan Withagen <wjw@digiware.nl>
To:        "Andrey V. Elsukov" <ae@FreeBSD.org>
Cc:        FreeBSD Current <freebsd-current@freebsd.org>, Nathan Whitehorn <nwhitehorn@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Re: FreeBSD 9.0-BETA2 invalid ada0 layout prevents installation

Op 8 sep. 2011 om 19:00 heeft "Andrey V. Elsukov" <ae@FreeBSD.org> het volge=
nde geschreven:

> On 08.09.2011 20:13, Willem Jan Withagen wrote:
>> This however results in that I can not find any "normal" way in the
>> guided and expert config menus to actual tell it to use the whole disk
>> for a new fresh FreeBSD install.
>>=20
>> it keeps complaining
>>    Operation not permitted
>>    'ada0 table is corrupt'
>=20
> Do you mean new FreeBSD installer?

The one that get run, once you boot memstick img.
So i guess so, IT doesn't look like the old one.

>=20
>> Only way to proceeds seems to be is to go to shell, dd /dev/zero over
>> the first few blocks and then restart....
>>=20
>> Not shure that many people that end up using a ZFS old disk, also do not
>> know how to fix this. But then again, what is there is another "corrupt"
>> GPT setup on the disk...
>=20
> If your partition table marked as corrupt, you can only destroy or
> recover it.

But even just deleting It dit not work
Next to the fact, that IT came out of a functional zfs-raid set, shift was c=
orrector shutdown.
So The gpt-table being corrupt is doubtfull.
Also because i coups read the table just fine in the emergency-Shell.
No errors no warnings.=20

--wJw