Date:      Wed, 02 Feb 2000 23:50:12 +0000
From:      Brian Somers <brian@Awfulhak.org>
To:        "miv" <miv@garbage.com>
Cc:        freebsd-net@FreeBSD.ORG, brian@hak.lan.Awfulhak.org
Subject:   Re: help PPPoE

> This message was sent from Geocrawler.com by "miv" <miv@garbage.com>
> Be sure to reply to that address.
>
> i cant seem to get ppp to even to connect
> i get this error when i start up ppp
>
> No default entry found in config file.
> ppp [350]: Warning: Bad rule in /etc/ppp/ppp.conf
> (line 9) -missing colon
> ppp [350]: Warning: Bad rule in /etc/ppp/ppp.conf
> (line 10) - missing colon.
>
> it goes on and on till (line 24)- missing clon.
> what does this mean? and what am i doing wrong.
> please HELP!!
>
> THANK you

I don't wish to be rude, but how to you expect anyone to help you
with syntax errors in a configuration file if you haven't attached
the file ?

It means what it says, there are missing colons in the file.  Please
re-read the man page and look at the examples in
/usr/share/examples/ppp.  If you still have problems, please repost
the question with your ppp.conf file.

--
Brian <brian@Awfulhak.org>                        <brian@FreeBSD.org>
      <http://www.Awfulhak.org>;                   <brian@OpenBSD.org>