Date:      Sun, 10 Oct 1999 12:15:44 -0400
From:      Marc Tardif <intmktg@CAM.ORG>
To:        Jaime Kikpole <jaime@malkav.snowmoon.com>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: apache+php+mod_ssl from ports on boot

Jaime Kikpole wrote:

> Make sure that:
> 1) apache.sh is executable.  You can test this by su-in to root and trying
> to run it from the command line.
>
> 2) apache.sh is in the /usr/local/etc/rc.d directory
>
> 3) the /usr/local/etc/rc.d directory is in the list of startup
> directories.  The easiest way to check this (IMHO) is through
> /stand/sysinstall's Customize menus.

All three counts were right to start with. I tried running apache.sh from the
command line though, and it stalls exactly like when booting.

>         You need to have httpd.conf, not httpd.conf-dist.  The *-dist
> files are examples for you to start with and usually work as is, but
> should be customized.  Check the file /var/db/pkg/apache*/+CONTENTS and
> see where it put those files.  Then copy the *.conf-dist files to non
> *.conf-dist names.  In fact, I think that the more recent versions of the
> apache ports use the file /usr/local/etc/apache/apache.conf to take the
> place of all three or four of the old *.conf files.

You were right, the names have changed with the version I have installed. The
file name now end with *.default now, and they were already renamed without
that extension. So, I do have /usr/local/etc/apache/apache.conf which seems to
be configured fine.

Thanks for the help, now I'm really not sure what's going on. This is a fresh
install of FreeBSD-CURRENT, and I only have postgresql installed, and
apache+php+mod_ssl, both from the ports collection (note from my last email, I
mentioned "my sql server" which is pgsql, not mysql).

... will keep you posted if I get anywhere also.
Marc