Date:      Tue, 23 Mar 1999 09:31:59 -0000 (GMT)
From:      Patrick Gardella <patrick@cre8tivegroup.com>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Mouse problems...

OK, I'm stumped...completely.

I'm trying to get a mouse to work on my Shuttle HOT-539 motherboards
(I have four of them.)

It's really bizarre.  FreeBSD 3.1-RELEASE detects sio0 and sio1 as
16550A ports.  I've tried both Asus and Intel cables on the sioX ports,
and two different mice (Microsoft and Logitech protocols).  The mice
work fine on other 3.1 systems I have.

None of these worked.  So I borrowed I/O cards from a friend, and tried
seven of them ranging from 8250, 16450, 16550 and 16550A cards.  They
all were detected correctly, but the mice did not work.

I tried XF86Setup, and moused.

Any suggestions?  As I said, I'm stumped.  Normally, I've gotten
FreeBSD to use a mouse very easily.  This is the first system that has
had problems (and it's my personal one, of course!)

Patrick

---
Patrick S. Gardella                    Director of Web Development
The Creative Group    1-800-804-0783 ext 29     606-858-8029 (fax)
http://www.cre8tivegroup.com                 PGP Key ID 0xEE2D47A9