Date:      Sun, 25 Oct 1998 09:58:08 -0500
From:      "Stephen A. Derdau" <sderdau@ne.mediaone.net>
To:        Jim Mock <jim@phrantic.phear.net>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Should I dump Windows 95 for Free BSD?

Before you make that decision you should
check out this link and read up on things.
http://www.gnu.org
Here are diffrent sections of this site. READ PHILOSOPHY

Philosophy | Order | Download | Software | Documentation | Search

           What's New | Help GNU | Get Help with GNU | Other Sites |
Mirrors

Jim Mock wrote:

> On Sun, 25 Oct 1998, Conrad Sabatier wrote:
>

> > On 24-Oct-98 Chris Falco wrote:
> [snip]
> > > Do you
> > > know of any forums where Free BSD is discussed that I might lurk about in for
> > > a bit & see what's up?  Thanks in advance.  Cheers.
> >

> You might also want to check out #FreeBSD on Undernet and Efnet.
>
> > Yes, the mailing lists, one of which you've obviously already discovered.  :-)
> > Also, visit the web site (http://www.freebsd.org) and read, read, read!
> >

> Another idea might also be to stop by your local bookstore and see if
> they have 'The Complete FreeBSD' by Greg Lehey.  You obviously won't
> be able to read the whole thing, but skimming through it might give
> you a better idea about the operating system before installing it.  If
> you decide you're serious about trying it out, I'd definetly recommend
> getting the book.
>
> > By the way, please don't post HTML to the lists.  Thanks.
>
> The NOSPAM in your email address also isn't a good idea when posting
> to the mailing lists :-)
>
> Jim
>
> : Jim Mock                      | [jim@phrantic.phear.net]      :
> : Phear Networks                | web: http://www.phear.net/    :
> : A franchise of Triax, Inc.    | ----------------------------- :
> : Web Site Design & Hosting     | FreeBSD: The Power to Serve   :
> : Wagga Wagga, NSW Australia    | http://www.freebsd.org/       :

When you find out the answer it's always something
you thought you knew :-)

Answers here http://www.freeBSD.org/search

Happily Running!
FreeBSD 2.2.7-STABLE #0: