Date:      Sun, 31 Dec 1995 00:10:07 -0500
From:      Stephen Couchman <scouch@io.org>
To:        kline@tera.com (Gary Kline)
Cc:        jbarrm@panix.com, questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: iijpp STILL cannot talk to my modem :-((

I am able to use cu and tip with this device and modem without noticeable
problems.

Just to be sure, I tried again.

I used "cu -p port4" where port4 is setup as a direct connect to the modem.

I typed 'AT' and 'ATZ' and got back 'OK' in both cases.

I then exitted cu, and confirmed that the lock file had been removed.

I then tried 'ppp myisp' and 'show modem' to confirm that everything was
setup to talk to the correct device (/dev/cuaa1) and the modem.  (BTW, outq
showed 0 at this point).

I then typed 'term' and typed 'AT' and ATZ' with no response.  After typing
'~.' to return to the ppp prompt, I typed 'show modem' again.  Outq showed
'7' now, which implies (to me) that no characters were sent out the device port.

It seems that nothing is getting to the modem...

-- Stephen

Stephen Couchman    | scouch@io.org