Date:      Thu, 25 Sep 1997 00:10:55 +0000 (GMT)
From:      Terry Lambert <tlambert@primenet.com>
To:        kato@migmatite.eps.nagoya-u.ac.jp (KATO Takenori)
Cc:        phk@critter.freebsd.dk, current@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Daily SNAPshots at current.freebsd.org shut down for now.

> > disable clustering on a per filesystem or mount point basis and disallow
> > it for vn devices.  If you think about it, it doesn't make sense in the
> > first place.
>
> How about following following patch?

[ ... ]

[ ... ]
> ! 		else if (doclusterread && !(vp->v_flag & VNOCLUSTER))

Poul's right... this needs to be per FS type instead (and maybe a mount
option, like he suggested, though it shouldn't be allowed to override "on",
and "off" is only marginally useful at best.  I would think you'd be
able to roll it into per fs "doclusterread" and "doclusterwrite" and
save the extra comparisons, for the most part, as well.

It *does* look like this is the right way out of the kludge, however.

					Terry Lambert
					terry@lambert.org
---
or previous employers.