Date:      Tue, 15 Aug 2000 08:29:13 +0200 (CEST)
From:      Micke Josefsson <mj@isy.liu.se>
To:        "ASTI Baviera, Gerry R." <grbaviera@astech.com.ph>
Cc:        "freebsd-questions@freebsd.org" <freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   RE: FreeBSD space requirement

On 15-Aug-00 ASTI Baviera, Gerry R. wrote:
> Hi,
>
> My name is Gerry Baviera and I work for an IT firm here in the Philippines.
> Our company is considering the
> FreeBSD to develop a gaming web site.  We'd like to know how much disk space
> is required for a full,
> typical or custom installation of the software.  Or, can the software be
> installed using these manner ?
>
> Regards,
>
> Gerry

In my experience (with different versions of FreeBSD) you need from 150M up to
some 300M depending upon what you install. That is for a base system, you will
have to take into account any possible extra programs you want too. I used
FreeBSD on a 800M disk for years.

/Micke
Michael Josefsson, MSEE
mj@isy.liu.se