Date:      Mon, 04 Jun 2001 20:57:36 -0400
From:      leckert <leckert@neo.rr.com>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Staroffice from ports (not)

James Lim wrote:

> Hi Tim
>
>         All of us would like to assist you :) Could you paste your
> ports-supfile here?
>
> On the last episode Tuesday 05 June 2001 05:37, Tim Joseph wrote:
> > On Sat, 2 Jun 2001, James Lim wrote:
> > >
> > > Hi
> > >
> > >     Yes that was what I meant, have u tried removing all the
> > > staroffice files and folders in /usr/ports/distfiles and try to
> > > fetch it again?

I'll just add my $.02, which is not based on anything scientific or
really intelligent. I had tried several times to get Star Office
operational from the ports collection, but each time with negative
results. Tonight, I  tried one more time, and, it worked. It obtained 3
files via ftp, they were:

soa-5_2-ga-bin-linux-en.bin
so-5_2-ga-bin-linux-en.bin
109939-02.tar.Z

One connection was from australia, and one from Japan, and for one I
wasn't paying attention, but it all built just like it was supposed to.
Why it chose this time to work after several failures, I don't know,
but I'll gladly take it. The thing is, I didn't do anything special this
time that I didn't do before, I just decided to give it one more try and
it worked.

--
kometboy  	   kometboy@neo.rr.com  (Debian GNU/Linux)
	           leckert@neo.rr.com       (FreeBSD)