Date:      Mon, 24 Jun 2013 21:39:03 +0100
From:      Vincent Hoffman <vince@unsane.co.uk>
To:        Lyubomir Yotov <l.yotov@gmail.com>
Cc:        freebsd-wireless@freebsd.org, freebsd-mobile@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Thinkpad T60 with Atheros working only after restart from Windows
References:  <CAHUyByT1NuNNWmRnqeR-QqfHB=Gm9ffs_fEEX9XP8gidVUk-Bg@mail.gmail.com> <CAJ-VmonT6S%2BkW6uJwtsBEVjqSYoC7Bm5zqTzNPf2QcMUJ1f-9A@mail.gmail.com> <CAHUyByQAKaM5mScGYquousRbKLBnJn1PJaQ9inOc=gfn=LMe3w@mail.gmail.com> <CAJ-Vmonk45yeQ%2BBpXdnb7O=upB1srvr3zHGQgEztxXNTi4x-7Q@mail.gmail.com> <CAHUyByRxi0GWU__3bp%2BHtwjkoJE2fUON_SdEh=7q7q%2BAhZEWWA@mail.gmail.com> <CAHUyByR5gRAQ0o-3ZS%2B4X2Vcbfg6Tgb_6jVbmMxCOKo3izPB0g@mail.gmail.com> <CAHUyByRJXrnFCH126ie7QYJkZna7ar%2B6seMc2x4Jkj8T_q4iVw@mail.gmail.com> <CAHUyByRH2=6-Oo99ir%2B7_04NYNQ5DzchZYQWT=%2BTpvhWoa4XtA@mail.gmail.com> <CAJ-VmomzRwHv7hxF_bO5J=PP5RBWcvY28USUyR5rOqbt_yT-9Q@mail.gmail.com> <CAHUyByScctyPUwK%2B693b7QAWw=iDAVxo9v9kRMNKrvfCi9t=kA@mail.gmail.com>

As an easy test if you arent keen on making the leap just yet I'd
suggest getting a snapshot CD and just boot it as a liveCD to test.
either a snapshot
http://www.freebsd.org/snapshots/
or one of the daily builds from
https://pub.allbsd.org/FreeBSD-snapshots/
(for example
https://pub.allbsd.org/FreeBSD-snapshots/amd64-amd64/10.0-HEAD-r252115-JPSNAP/iso/FreeBSD-10.0-HEAD-r252115-JPSNAP-amd64-amd64-release.iso)

That said I run -CURRENT on my server at home (for the atheros driver)
and dont have any problems with it.

Vince