Date:      Wed, 05 Jul 2000 20:19:20 -0500
From:      "Jeffrey J. Mountin" <jeff-ml@mountin.net>
To:        bjf <bjf@samurai.com>, freebsd-stable@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: /etc/defaults/rc.conf

At 05:17 PM 7/5/00 -0400, bjf wrote:
>Howdy,
>
>I cvsup'ed to RELENG_4 last night on a couple-month-old 3.4-STABLE machine,
>built and installed everything as per instructions, including mergemaster'ing.
>When I was done, /etc/defaults/rc.conf doesn't read in /etc/rc.conf
>settings any more, which is rather a huge pain in the ass (especially not
>setting defaultrouter).

You did make sure to update all the rc. files right?

If you updated /etc/defaults/rc.conf without /etc/rc, this will happen.  At
least it did when I did a partial merge before rebuilding my 4.0-S and
forgot about the rc* commits.  No complaints seen for either 3 or 4 for
these commits.

Jeff Mountin - jeff@mountin.net
Systems/Network Administrator
FreeBSD - the power to serve