Date:      Fri, 19 Apr 2002 10:44:08 -0600 (MDT)
From:      "M. Warner Losh" <imp@village.org>
To:        DougB@FreeBSD.ORG
Cc:        freebsd-current@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Proposal for dealing with sendmail [ug]id bootstrapping

In message: <20020419021942.A10172-100000@master.gorean.org>
            Doug Barton <DougB@FreeBSD.ORG> writes:
: 2. Users who don't read (or don't understand) UPDATING. This is basically,
: everybody.

Actually, UPDATING was changed last night to be more explicit about
what to do.  Let's give that a chance.  I don't like the numeric
option.  I don't like adding users automatically.  I could go for a
flag that says "if you can't find a user, use uid/gid 0 instead" to
mtree, or creating a mtree.sendmail.dist which would only be used if
sendmail wasn't disabled in the build.

Warner