Date:      Thu, 24 Feb 2005 18:00:57 -0600
From:      "Thomas T. Veldhouse" <veldy@veldy.net>
To:        Kris Kennaway <kris@obsecurity.org>
Cc:        freebsd-stable@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Build install error in latest RELENG_5

Kris Kennaway wrote:

>On Thu, Feb 24, 2005 at 08:09:43AM -0600, Thomas T. Veldhouse wrote:
>

>>Right away ... first thing!

>>cd /usr/src; make -f Makefile.inc1 install
>>===> share/info
>>install -o root -g wheel -m 444  dir-tmpl /usr/share/info/dir
>>===> include
>>creating osreldate.h from newvers.sh
>>touch: not found
>>*** Error code 127
>>

>Verify your clock, and 'make cleandir; make cleandir'.
>
>Kris

My clock was fine.  It was a 5.3-RELEASE installation with only 'base'
installed.  I then took a cvsup (copied binary from another machine) and
pulled down the source and ports.  Simply did a make buildworld and
buildkernel and the install failed.  I did clean it all up, pull again
and rebuild and everything worked fine.  I didn't see any changes come
down that looked like the solved the problem, so this is pretty wierd.

Thanks,

Tom Veldhouse