Date:      Wed, 3 Jan 1996 08:26:21 +0100 (MET)
From:      Thomas Graichen <graichen@omega.physik.fu-berlin.de>
To:        wollman@lcs.mit.edu (Garrett A. Wollman)
Cc:        graichen@omega.physik.fu-berlin.de, freebsd-current@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Re: Kernel compilation options (was: Re: ATAPI CD-ROM?)

hasn't Garrett A. Wollman said ? ...

> <<On Tue, 2 Jan 1996 20:07:50 +0100 (MET), Thomas Graichen <graichen@mail.physik.fu-berlin.de> said:
>
> > but then we need a list of "every possible compilation option" - like
> > options.txt in the old days (maybe a part of the handbook - but a
> > *.txt in the kernel sources would be better i think)
>
> No, we need to get rid of most compilation options, except for the
> ones which are not intended for public consumption.

ok - that's the aim - but at the moment a list of possible options would'nt
be that bad i think

                                                   __||
  Perfection is reached, not when there is no  __||     thomas graichen
  longer anything to add, but when there   __||    freie universitaet berlin
  is no longer anything to take away   __||           fachbereich physik
                                   __||
  - Antoine de Saint-Exupery - __||        graichen@mail.physik.fu-berlin.de