Date:      Wed, 5 May 2010 15:08:16 -0500
From:      Phusion <phusion2k@gmail.com>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Problems booting up on 1201N

I recently got a Asus 1201N and installed FreeBSD 8.0 on it. This uses
the alc (Atheros AR8132 PCIe Fast Ethernet) NIC card.

/etc/rc.conf
  hostname="host.test.com"
  ifconfig_alc0="DHCP"

I noticed that if I start up the computer with the network cable
unplugged it will hang at the following spot. This happens right after
installing meaning I can install the OS and have the NIC get a DHCP IP
address and then when rebooting I unplug the network cable and it
hangs.

Setting hostname: host.test.com

So, this must mean that it finishes running /etc/rc.d/hostname, but
I'm not sure what comes next in the boot process.

Phusion