Date:      Tue, 21 Jul 1998 12:45:30 -0400 (EDT)
From:      Trans Vans <vans@static.bigfoot.com>
To:        FreeBSD Questions List <freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   Sendmail dying

Howdy Folks !

	I have my laptop running FreeBSD now for a week and today the
following message greeted me:

/kernel: pid 5312 (sendmail), uid 0: exited on signal 11
sendmail[5311]:NOQUEUE :SYSERR(root): SMTP-MAIL: died on signal 11

	Ok so sendmail has died for me.  I'm not too heartbroken because a
kill -HUP fixed it.  Now my question is this.  Does anyone know why sendmail
decided to kick the bucket ? (I understand that this is a pretty general
question.  My laptop only has 8MB of ram so this could be one possible
cause).  My other question is what on earth is signal 11 ?  Is that like a
SIG SEGV ?

TIA:

-Vans

---
"When they took the fourth amendment, I was quiet because I didn't deal drugs.
 When they took the sixth amendment,  I was quiet because I was innocent.
 When they took the second amendment, I was quiet because I didn't own a gun.
 Now they've taken the first amendment, and I can say nothing about it."