Date:      Wed, 07 Sep 2005 16:15:57 -0700
From:      Bakul Shah <bakul@BitBlocks.com>
To:        Brooks Davis <brooks@one-eyed-alien.net>
Cc:        Jochen Gensch <incmc@gmx.de>, freebsd-current@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Default route doesn't change to wireless device (ath0)

What works for me is not automatic but pretty simple.  When I
want to switch my laptop from <iface1> to <iface2>, I do:

    /etc/rc.d/netstart stop <iface1>
    /etc/rc.d/netstart start <iface2>

One interface is wired, the other wifi.  This works in either
direction and at home and at work.  I can also suspend my
laptop at home, resume at work and do the above switch to
whichever interface I want at work.  At the end of the day I
suspend the laptop at work and do the same thing at home.

Since the purpose is to be always `connected', and mobile
needs are different enough from stationary machines that I am
writing a simple daemon that will do all this + more.  It
will basically watch interfaces of interest and invoke the
right script(s).