Date:      Wed, 3 Feb 2010 13:17:37 +1100
From:      Greg 'groggy' Lehey <grog@FreeBSD.org>
To:        Kirk McKusick <mckusick@mckusick.com>
Cc:        freebsd-hackers@freebsd.org, "Julian H. Stacey" <jhs@berklix.com>, Christoph Kukulies <kuku@kukulies.org>
Subject:   Re: our little daemon abused as symbol of the evil

--TG7lY2/6mW/akb80

On Tuesday,  2 February 2010 at 13:09:29 -0800, Kirk McKusick wrote:
> Thanks for the pointer. As you note, the damage (or benefit :-) is
> done. Still I have sent an email to the editor at Spiegel notifying
> them of my copyright in the hopes that they will at least ask in the
> future.

FWIW, much as I dislike "Der Spiegel", I think you targeted the wrong
people.  They clearly took it from the original paper
(http://www.iseclab.org/papers/sonda-TR.pdf).  The authors are
Thorsten Holz, Gilbert Wondracek (both at the TU Wien), Engin Kirda
(Eurecom, Sophia Antipolis) und Christopher Kruegel (UCSB), in case
anybody knows any of them.

Greg
This message is digitally signed.  If your Microsoft MUA reports
problems, please read http://tinyurl.com/broken-mua

--TG7lY2/6mW/akb80

--TG7lY2/6mW/akb80--