Date:      Mon, 14 Jan 2002 17:05:18 +0000
From:      Anthony Campbell <ac@acampbell.org.uk>
To:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Still can't get color in xterm properly.

I can set

	TERM=xterm-color; export TERM

In an  xterm window and it will work for that window, but not in others.
If I put it in $HOME/.profile or in /etc/profile it causes wrong symbols
to appear in the consoles and doesn't work in X.

Where is one supposed to put it so that it is the default for X?

Anthony

--
Anthony Campbell - running Linux GNU/Debian (Windows-free zone)
For an electronic book (The Assassins of Alamut), skeptical

Our planet is a lonely speck in the great enveloping cosmic dark. In our
obscurity, in all this vastness, there is no hint that help will come
from elsewhere to save us from ourselves. [Carl Sagan]