Date:      17 Feb 1998 09:29:35 -0600
From:      Dave Marquardt <marquard@zilker.net>
To:        freebsd-chat@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Is it just me, or are people forgetting how to write mail?

Greg Lehey <grog@lemis.com> writes:
> Am I just getting intolerant in my old age, or do other people see
> this as a problem as well?

Yes, it's a problem, and the only way to fix it is education.

Unfortunately, we have some mail and news reader programs (read "Lotus
Notes") that like to act exactly this way when replying, i.e. put the
new text at the top and all of the old text below it, so lots of folks
who are new to the net think it's normal.

-Dave