Date:      Wed, 13 Dec 2006 14:14:48 -0500
From:      Kris Kennaway <kris@obsecurity.org>
To:        Kris Kennaway <kris@obsecurity.org>
Cc:        ports@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Re: Update on X11BASE status

--LZvS9be/3tNcYl/X

On Sat, Dec 02, 2006 at 09:29:26PM -0500, Kris Kennaway wrote:
> Thanks to the hard work of a number of maintainers and committers
> we're making good progress on bringing the ports tree into complete
> X11BASE compliance.
>=20
>   http://pointyhat.freebsd.org/errorlogs/i386-5-exp-latest/index-maintain=
er.html
>=20
> We're now down to fewer than 110 ports that need to be corrected to
> deal with a non-standard X11BASE location (the rest are more general
> port problems).  By now only 17 of those broken ports are
> unmaintained, so the majority of them are waiting on individual
> maintainers to step up and/or approve fixes already submitted by other
> users.
>=20
> Are you maintainers really going to let your ports be the ones that
> hold us up?!  You know who you are since you've already received email
> about this, so let's push on and see how quickly we can get that
> number down to 50!

After further diligent work by maintainers and committers the current
count is down to less than 36!

  http://pointyhat.freebsd.org/errorlogs/i386-5-exp-latest/

(this also lists the ~60 ports broken on standard CVS too).

Almost all of these are now ports with an (alleged ;) maintainer, so
now we're mostly waiting on them to step up and do their part.
Hopefully the count will be down to 0 by Christmas!

Kris

--LZvS9be/3tNcYl/X

--LZvS9be/3tNcYl/X--