Date:      Sat, 11 Apr 1998 15:14:18 +0200 (CEST)
From:      Andre Albsmeier <andre.albsmeier@mchp.siemens.de>
To:        freebsd-scsi@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Which FreeBSD version supports this new 3940AU?

Hi,

yesterday I received the Adaptec 3940 controller I ordered
a while ago. It is called exactly 3940AU and carries only one
big chip on it. On the box still is a picture of the 3940U which
has 3 chips on it - 2 x 7880 and one DEC chip (PCI bridge?).

Now the problem is, it doesn't get detected by FreeBSD 2.2.6, but
the two 2940U are being detected properly. I think, Adaptec has
changed something while integrating the 3 chips into one.

Is there a known workaround here? Or will the (hopefully)
upcoming CAM driver support this new beast?

Thanks,

	-Andre